Accelerating and facilitating change in the legal industry
How do we do this?
- Through celebrating and recognising innovation
- Creating a buzz and being passionate about progressive change
- As a think-tank, researching, analysing and writing about how the industry is evolving
- Training and developing the emerging leaders in the industry
- Identifying and promoting the new skills and roles that make the profession relevant to its clients
- Encouraging an entrepreneurial mindset in the industry
- Supporting the development of emerging legal markets such as India
What do we do?
- FTIL: we are the founder and global research and content partner to the FT Innovative Lawyers rankings and awards programme with un-paralleled up-to-date research, insights and frameworks into legal innovation
- RSG Advisory: Public speaking at partner conferences and corporate law department away days, facilitating round-tables, advising law firms and in-house teams about their strategies, organising high-profile networking events such as those for the Innovative GC Club, which RSG curates.
- RSGi – How to? series; producing thought-leadership reports that bridges the gap between big world trends and lawyers, and that illustrate the challenges and best solutions; commissioned reports for clients looking to move the dial in the industry or with their clients; forward-looking client listening.
- RSG Academy: immersive training for lawyers and clients
- RSG Talent: for developing and recruiting legal technologists and providing a channel for them into the industry
- RSG Entrepreneurship: events and thought-leadership to promote a different way of thinking in the industry; recognising intra and entrepreneurs in the industry; connecting women’s groups in the law, encouraging mentoring (SBTL)
- RSG India: Rankings report and consulting services to Indian law firms and corporate law departments
Why lawyers? RSG Consulting was set up in 2001 by Reena SenGupta, who was the ex-Publishing Director of Chambers and Partners and the creator of the Chambers rankings and research methodology in the mid-nineties.
Initially, the company focused on client relationship management projects, working for the magic circle law firms and top US firms. In the course of that work, RSG realised that the profession was on the brink of tumultuous change and founded a ranking of lawyers on innovation which became the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers programme. RSG continues as the FT’s research and content partner to this day over three geographical regions, reports, awards and events. More recently, we have expanded the FT Innovative Lawyers franchise to include an annual ranking focusing on GCs, and launched an all-new report – FT/RSG Intelligent Business – that focuses on the convergence between legal & professional services with data and technology.
Today, RSG is a leading innovation agency for lawyers and works with law firms, in-house legal teams and new law providers to help them innovate and build a culture of innovation. It has a unique position in the legal market globally as a connector and its networks of lawyers, built up over 25 years, are unrivalled. It works in emerging markets such as India to help drive up standards of professionalism and client care. All its work is underpinned by robust research and it has been the author of many thought-leadership studies over the past 16 years.